Friday 8 November 2013

Pink Goths: What are your thoughts on Pastel Goths?

 


I thought the poem was fitting.
I decided to talk about pastel goth today.

Basically pastel goth is goth with baby blues, lilac and pastel colors mixed in.See Below:

The Pink Look

The Pink Look by goth-proxy featuring a pink pantyhose


I feel it is heavily inspired by traditional goth, fairy kei and Lolita styles. However, tt strays away from the extreme accessories of decora and fairy kei and is lighter than traditional goth. 

At first I was not a fan of pastel goth, but I have to say it's kind of growing on me. Gasp! I've even acquired pink clothing.

I know many condemn this sort of style to "Nu-Goth" or "Hipster-Goth." While some openly embrace the Nu-Goth style and label, it is generally seen as an insult to be described as such. to me, the label seems arbitrary... I've never been able to figure out what the difference between a nu-goth and a regular goth is. Except the nu-goths often have less dramatic (unteased, not necessarily black) hair....

Anywho. I kinda like Pastel Goth.
What are your thoughts? Is pink and pastels your nightmare or delight?

Twiggy Pop

2 comments:

  1. I like nu - goth, hipster - goth and pastel goth for the fact, that they're alternative, but much more casual, therefore wearable and I believe sometimes it's good to have some color on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of the cutesy j-rock inspired/lolita stuff, which I think is a prerequisite for "pastel goth." But nu-goth with pastel hair or light colors=cool

    ReplyDelete